- 1 egg
- 1 T sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 2 T water
- 1½ T coconut flour
- 1 T granulated sugar substitute, I used erythritol
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- Optional: a dash of vanilla or almond extract
- For strawberry shortcake: homemade whipped cream, sliced strawberries mixed with erythritol
- In a small microwave-safe bowl whisk the wet ingredients together with a fork.
- Add the dry ingredients and whisk again.
- Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds or until the top is just dry. Don't overbake!
- Top with homemade whipped cream and sliced strawberries. Or you could add some more sweetener to the batter and top with your favorite low-carb frosting of choice.
220 calories, 2 carbs for the shortcake only