- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. softened butter
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon (optional)
- 22 oz. fresh strawberries
- 2/3 cup granular Swerve or equivalent
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 packets unflavored gelatin
- 1/8 tsp. salt
For Whipped Cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 T Swerve
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all ingredients together until thoroughly incorporated.
- Press into pie dish starting from the middle and working out towards the sides.
- Bake for twenty minutes or until golden brown.
- Set aside
- Wash the strawberries, then put half in a sauce pan on medium heat with water, sweetener, and salt.
- Let simmer for 5 or so minutes, until berries start to turn red and juice darkens.
- Add gelatin while stirring mixture and continue stirring until powder is completely dissolved.
- Add remaining berries, stir to coat with juice, then pour into pie crust.
Tip: To avoid clumps, add gelatin a small amount at a time, stirring in each addition in fully before proceeding.
Refrigerate for 2-3 hours, or until berries set and pie is cool throughout.
Whip up the cream and garnish
Makes 8 servings. 256 calories and 6 net carbs per serving.