Spinach + Kale Frittata
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup cheese, I used 1/2 cheddar & 1/2 mozzarella
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 cups kale
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 pieces of bacon
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Heat a skillet to medium heat
- Pan fry 2 pieces of bacon, but leave slightly underdone. Tear into pieces and set aside
- Leave a little grease in the pan
- Cook the broccoli in the microwave, roast it, or boil it
- Wilt the kale in the pan
- Add the broccoli
- Add the bacon
- Add the cheese
- Whisk the eggs
- Add eggs when cheese starts to bubble
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until edges start to set
- Put in oven and cook for 8-10 minutes or until center is set
Nutrition: Serves 8 - 100 calories, 1g net carbs
Gouda Stuffed Burgers
- 1 pound 80% 20% Ground Beef
- 4 oz smoked Gouda cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Preheat your grill to high heat.
- To assemble your burgers, season the meat and mix with your hands.
- Divide the meat into 8 equal portions.
- Mold each portion into a flat pancake-like disk.
- On 4 of the discs arrange about 1/2 oz of grated cheese.
- Place the plain discs on top of these and press each together to form burger patties.
- Don’t mix the meat, just press it together to make a pocket.
- Place on the grill.
- Grill for about 3-4 minutes on each side for medium.
- Add 1/2 oz of cheese to the top right after taking burgers off of the grill.
390 calories, 2 carbs per 4 oz burger with cheese, lettuce, pickle, mustard, and ketchup.