- 5 tablespoons almond flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons Swerve Sweetener or other granulated erythritol
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and lightly grease a 6-inch oven-proof skillet (you can also use a 6-inch casserole dish).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, cocoa powder, sweetener and baking powder.
- Stir in the water, oil or melted butter, egg and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared skillet and sprinkle with chocolate chips, if using.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until puffed but not quite set. The brownie should jiggle a bit in the center when shaken.
- Remove and top with lightly sweetened whipped cream or your favorite low-carb ice cream. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Counts (serves 2):
250 calories, 4 net carbs