I've picked up a few low carb tips in the last 6 weeks The Land of Lakes heavy cream has 0 carbs, so does the Horizon brand. Hot sauce and mustard don't have any carbs. I bought low sugar ketchup and it is actually good. The Ken's ranch is also low carb. I'm sure I will keep learning new things and choosing favorite brands. I just ordered some Now brand erythritol. Until now I have only had swerve, and I love it. I'm curious to see how the Now brand does though. It should be here tomorrow thanks to my amazon prime membership. I did learn that the Smuckers sugar free jelly with truvia has maltitol which is a sugar alcohol that is not so great. I won't be getting that again. I don't need blackberry jelly this morning because I will be having the real thing.
I am going to be putting some whip cream and blackberries on these babies. I haven't had whip cream from a can in a while, and I'm excited to try the extra creamy variety. The recipe for cream cheese pancakes is pretty easy. I'm all out of swerve at the moment, so I won't be sweetening these, but it will be okay since I'm adding whip cream and berries.
Later I'll be making chicken alfredo zoodles. This time I'll be using summer squash instead of zucchini though. It will be a new experiment, and I'm excited to see how it will turn out.
Cream Cheese Pancakes
2 oz cream cheese
1 tsp swerve
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Put all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth. Let rest for 2 minutes so the bubbles can settle. Pour 1/4 of the batter into a hot pan greased with butter. Cook for 1-2 minutes until golden, flip and cook 30 seconds-1 minute on the other side. Repeat with the rest of the batter. Serve with whipped cream and fresh berries.
1 Batch of only the pancakes - 280 calories, >2 carbs
Chocolate Chip Cookies/Crust
· 2 ½ cups blanched almond flour
· ½ cup unsalted butter
· 2 large eggs
· ½ cup powdered erythritol
· ½ cup dark chocolate chips (3 Ghirardelli squares)
· ½ tsp salt
· ½ tsp baking soda
· 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt, baking soda, and erythritol.
3. In another bowl, melt butter and mix in vanilla, chocolate chips, eggs, and walnuts
4. Mix wet ingredients into the dry until a dough forms.
5. Scoop out 1 tbsp of dough per cookie and place onto a cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges have turned golden brown.
7. Remove from oven and transfer to a stable cooling rack to avoid crumbling. They firm as they cool.
8. Let cool for 10-15 minutes, then enjoy!
Cookie nutrition - 147 calories, 2.7 net carbs
Crumble half batch, add 2 tbsp of butter, cook at 350 for 12 minutes
Peanut Butter Pie
- 6 oz. 1/3 fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 c. erythirtol, powdered
- 1 c. creamy natural peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 c. whipping cream, whipped and sweetened
- Once crust is thoroughly cooled, mix the cream cheese and powdered erythirtol well until thoroughly blended.
- Stir in the peanut butter, vanilla, salt, & whipped whipping cream.
- Mix until well blended and same consistency.
- Pour into cooled cookie crust and freeze for at least 2 hours.
It is best to cut this pie directly out of the freezer and store in the refrigerator. Serve with whipped cream.
10 servings if halving the filling – 283 calories, 4.5 carbs
10 servings with whole filling – 420, 6.5 carbs
I probably licked the spoon way too many times to actually deserve a piece, but I still have to eat one. The hardest part will be waiting until after dinner.