I'm still loving zoodles each time I make them, and I can't believe I didn't discover them until now. This diet has changed my taste preferences. I actually prefer and crave healthier foods now.
Serving Size: 3 meatballs
- 1.5lbs ground beef (80/20)
- 2 Tbl fresh parsley, chopped
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried onion flakes
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup warm water
- Combine all of the meatball ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Form into fifteen 2" meatballs.
- Bake at 350 degrees (F) for 20 minutes OR fry in a large skillet over medium heat until cooked through.
Approx nutrition info per "naked" meatball: 121 cals, 8g fat, .7g net carbs, 11g protein Approx nutrition info per meatball parmigiana: 151 cals, 9g fat, 1.7g net carbs, 12g protein
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar substitute
- smidge vanilla
- In a saucepan, heat the cream, stirring frequently to discourage scorching, until it begins to simmer and seems like it might start boiling any moment (but don't let it boil).
- Remove from heat and whisk in the remaining ingredients until smooth. Let the mixture cool to your desired thickness.