Blackberry Mug Cake
1 "naked" mug cake: 248 calories, 22g fat, 3g net carbs, 6g protein
1 mug cake w/ cream: 353 calories, 28g fat, 3.25g net carbs, 6g protein
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar substitute
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup pureed blackberries
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
For the Blackberry Whipped Cream:
- 1/4 cup organic heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp pureed blackberries
- 1/2 Tbsp granulated sugar substitute
- To make the cakes:
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl (or in a small saucepan on the stove). Add the rest of the cake ingredients and stir to combine.
- For mugs: Divide batter between two coffee mugs. Microwave for 90 seconds. Test for doneness, add a few seconds as necessary. Do not overcook!
- To bake in the oven: Bake at 375 degrees (F) for 18 - 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- For the Blackberry Cream:
- In a medium bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Combine the blackberry puree and sweetener. Fold the blackberry mixture gently into the whipped cream. Spoon or pipe onto the mug cakes.
- 4 tbsp Almond Flour
- 3 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- 1 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese (140 grams)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional) (I did this and it was way too hot for me and my son. I will omit it or scale it way back next time.)
- 1 egg (large)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded (This is what I used this time, but in the future I will use more.)
- Whatever you want
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Melt butter in the microwave and set aside.
- Combine spices with shredded cheese and melt in the microwave at 30% power for about 2 mins in a 1200 watt microwave.
- Add almond flour, coconut flour, melted butter and egg to your melted cheese and combine. (Use 4 tbsp coconut flour OR omit the butter if you are using a higher fat cheese, anything over 5 grams per 28 gram serving IF it's too wet when you mix your ingredients. If you have to add the extra coconut flour then extend the baking time from 15 mins to 20 mins.)
- Microwave the dough/batter for 5-10 seconds to make sure all the ingredients are well combined.
- Before rolling out the dough microwave again for 10 seconds.
- Form a rectangle on top of parchment paper, place another sheet of parchment paper on top and roll out into a rectangular shape.
- Slice the sides (the longest sides) to get nice straight edges with a pizza cutter.
- Using the pizza cutter slice the strips on each side evenly. Only go about a third of the way in to leave room for the filling.
- Add the cheese and toppings to the middle of your dough and fold the strips over the top.
- Fold up the dough on the ends to close the stromboli up.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 mins. (20 mins for a higher fat cheese with extra coconut flour added)
- A higher fat cheese can produce a wetter dough. If this happens you can add in 1 tbsp coconut flour to bring it together as a dough.
- Serves 5
- Per Serving: 300 Calories; 26g Fat; 13g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 3 net carbs
Just The Dough
- 1184 Calories; 102g Fat; 48g Protein; 24g Carbohydrate; 12g Dietary Fiber; 12 net carbs